Department of Lifelong Learning at University College Aspira from Split organizes and conducts seminar for taking the professional exam for tourist guides. The aforementioned seminar and exams are organized and conducted pursuant to Act on the provision of tourism services (Official Gazette 68/07), and Ordinance on professional examination for tourist guides and examination program for tourist escorts (Official Gazette 50/08).
Why enrol in the program for tourist guides at Aspira?
- Possibility of payment in 12 instalments
- Excellent lecturers with years of experience in practice (Meri Šuljak – the best tourist guide in Croatia in 2013, Antea Glumac Barbir, Nikola Aleksic, Jasminka Mucic Mudronja)
- Tour of the most attractive sites within practical training
- Possibility of taking special exam for the four most attractive counties
- Additional discount when combining this program with the program for branch managers
- Two free exam terms
- All the materials required to take the exam
PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION AND SEMINAR FOR TOURIST GUIDES
Seminar and professional exam for tourist guides to work in:
Split – Dalmatia County,
Šibenik – Knin County,
|Recipient||University College Aspira, Domovinskog rata 65, 2100 Split|
|Description of payment||Seminar and professional exam for tourist guide|
|Model of payment||01|
|Reference number||Your OIB|
To carry out these activities candidates need to check whether they meet the conditions laid down by the law, and for the registration and professional exam they have to meet the following requirements:
- to have at least secondary school qualifications,
- to actively speak at least one foreign language,
- to register for and pay the exam costs.
Registration for the seminar:
Candidates are to register for the seminar exclusively in the form of written application.
Along with the application to take the professional exam for tourist guides, candidates need to enclose:
- photocopy of identity card or certificate of nationality,
- evidence of paying the fee for the seminar,
- certificate on completing secondary education (original or verified photocopy of adequate certificate or diploma),
- certificate for the exemption from taking foreign language exam in the case proscribed in Art. 8 §3 of Ordinance on professional examination for tourist guides,
- certificate on passing the general part of the exam, if candidates are applying only for taking the special exam
- birth certificate
Program / courses of the seminar for tourist guides
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF HOURS|
|Political system of the Republic of Croatia||5|
|Economic system of the Republic of Croatia||5|
|Basics of tourism and the introduction to the tourism operations||6|
|Basics of tourism legislation||5|
|Croatian tourism geography||12|
|Cultural and historical monuments and other sights in Croatia||12|
|Culture of speaking and writing||8|
|Foreign language (the exam only)||0|
|Operative and technical work by tourist guides||24|
It is legally proscribed as mandatory to attend classes for all the courses, as well as to attend practical training in the field.
After completing the classes, candidates take commission exam. The exam is graded as “passed” or “failed”. The exam commission in these seminars is appointed by the competent ministry, and the lecturers are experts from University College for Management and Design Aspira, Directorate for the Protection of Culture and Heritage and Ministry of Tourism. Before the beginning of classes, candidates receive schedule of classes with lectures for each course.
Professional exams are performed on the grounds of the Decision by Ministry of Tourism, class: 334-01/13-01/50; Reference number: 529-06-13-04 dated 2 April 2013.
The price includes:
- materials to help candidates master course contents more easily,
- two exam terms.
The following candidates are entitled to 10% discount on the general and special part of the program:
- students and alumni of ASPIRE,
- legal persons who register two or more persons